POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sheared orthographic camera : Re: Sheared orthographic camera Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sheared orthographic camera
From: Vadim Sytnikov
Date: 2 Jul 2003 13:29:01
Message: <3f03165d@news.povray.org>
"Breton Slivka" wrote:
> hold up, I've got a solution.
>
> matrix
> <

Doh! It actually did the trick. Thank you. Although I had to turn off vista
buffer...

Funny thing about it is that I, of course, did consider using 'matrix', but
before trying it I had a look at Transform_Camera() in camera.cpp and
somehow decided that 'matrix' would do exactly what I'm doing with
'look_at', 'location' etc. myself. It turns out that I was wrong... It seems
like, when I'm trying to skew camera w/o matrix, 'right' and 'up' vectors
get altered to make them perpendicular to the <location-look_at> vector,
which I did not expect. That's... not quite consistent of POV, I would say.